Sunday 28 August 2011

My trip.

Flew into Alice Springs on Friday morning, fixed up the offices and flew out Saturday evening.  I'd never seen so many Landcruisers in one place in my entire life.  One of those Landcruiser-driving dickheads scratched the rental car, but my friend and main contractor got the money out of them.  The job itself was basic - we just replaced old computers with new ones and made them work with government systems.

Alice Springs was a lot nicer than I was expecting it be.  My impression of the place was that it was a crime-infested shithole that just happened to be relatively close to Uluru.  My current impression of the place is that it's a gorgeous, scenic, somewhat crime-infested shithole that is relatively close to Uluru.  It's surprisingly charming.  Cold as shit in the morning because it's basically in the middle of the desert though.


I've got free accommodation there, I might take a short holiday there to see the touristy sights.

10 comments:

  1. I must say, i did not enjoy this song at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good trip. From Aus but never been to ares rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to know where these places are of which you speak, but it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video! Really enjoyed watching it! Thanks for the update

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm glad you enjoyed it! PS I really like the song :)

    ReplyDelete